- This event has passed.
Queer Families: A LGBTQ+ True Stories Anthology
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully before submitting your work to Queer Families. If you have any questions not answered below, please write us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer.
- True Stories – this means the author must attest that the events described actually happened.
- Queer Families – all contributions must somehow fit with this theme, HOWEVER the theme’s meaning is 100% subject to the interpretation of the writer (this means YOU!)
- Genres: Creative non-fiction (essay, memoir)
- Flash non-fiction of 1 page or less is also welcome.
- Poetry & Scripts will be considered, provided they also qualify as “true stories”.
- Erotica & work aimed at children will NOT be considered.
- Prose: 1,000 – 3,000 words
- Flash Non-fiction: 1 page or less
- Poetry: Up to 3 pages
- Scripts: Up to 5 pages
- Submissions of longer than 10 pages must be numbered.
- All submissions must be typed. No handwritten submissions will be accepted.
- If you send your submission in, please do NOT mail us your only copy of your work. We can not be responsible for returning submissions.
- Multiple submissions (submissions of more than one work) are fine. Send us what you’ve got!
- Simultaneous submissions (submitting work you’ve already submitted–or are planning on submitting–elsewhere) are fine too.
- Please just be sure that if your submission gets accepted elsewhere, you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw it from consideration for Queer Families.
- Reprints will NOT be considered.
- We are seeking First English Anthology Rights and First World Anthology Rights.
- NOTE: These rights only allow the material to be used in the anthology and its reprints, and the writer retains all rights to their work not specified here (i.e. in the contract), including copyright to their work.
- We are also seeking, for all material, Non-exclusive Excerpt Rights (for the purposes of promoting the Anthology on the website).
- We will respond to all submissions by October 1st.
- Contributors will receive, as a humble token of our appreciation, a $15 flat fee for prose and a $5 flat fee for poetry and flash non-fiction.
What to Submit
- Your submission
- A brief bio telling us something about you and (if applicable) any publishing experience
- At least one form of contact information (phone number, email, or mailing address. Please do not give a social media account handle as your only form of contact information.
- IMPORTANT: Pen names are acceptable. However, for contractual purposes, all submissions must also include the author’s legal name.
Where to Submit
Submissions may be emailed to us at: email@example.com
or mailed to us at:
PO Box 454
Lanesborough, MA 01237
AGAIN, MAILED SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED
- All submissions must be received by September 1, 2017