Thank you for submitting your work to Pif Magazine (PIF). For each submission (WORK) that PIF agrees to publish, you agree to the following terms:
- You grant PIF worldwide, exclusive license for a period not to exceed 30 days from the date of first publication by PIF, to reproduce, display, distribute, and publish your WORK in any PIF materials.
- You grant PIF worldwide, perpetual, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, distribute, and publish your WORK in any PIF materials at any time in the future.
- You grant PIF the right to relicense or sub-license your WORK.
- You agree to credit PIF if you decide to republish your WORK elsewhere after the initial 30 day exclusionary period has elapsed, as follows: “This work was first published in Pif Magazine at pifmagazine.com.”
- PIF has exclusive control over placement, formatting, sizing, resolution, pairing, and layout of your WORK in all PIF materials.
- You retain all other rights to your work.
- You are the sole author of the WORK.
- The WORK has not been published previously in any other publication, in any form including in print or online.
- You are the exclusive owner of the rights you are conveying to PIF.
- The WORK will not infringe the rights of any third party and will not give rise to any claim for defamation, or violation of privacy, copyright or trademark of any third party.
- You acknowledge that PIF has no obligation to publish, or continue publishing, your WORK after we have started doing so. We will notify you if we stop publishing your WORK.
- An advance of no less than $5 per WORK published in PIF will be paid to you within 30 days of publication.
- If applicable, additional royalties will be paid to you electronically each quarter.
- For each WORK published by PIF, PIF agrees to pay royalties as follows:
- Electronic: 60% of net profit generated by the publication, divided by the total number of non-editorial* works contained within the electronic publication.
- Print: : 50% of net profit divided by the number of non-editorial* works contained within the print publication.
- Re-License: 75% of net profit.
- “Net profit” means the gross amounts PIF actually receives from the sale of copies of that format or edition, less our publishing costs.
- “Non-editorial” work means work not written by a current editor of Pif.
- PIF reserves the right to withhold royalties in certain circumstances, including but not limited to, sales that are returned, refunded or credited; if a third party asserts any rights in your Work; or if you breach any of your representations.
- The terms of this agreement are effective as of July 1st, 2017.
- These terms represent the complete and final agreement between you and PIF and supersede any prior agreements about the WORK.
- Any modification of these Terms must be in writing and agreed by both parties.
- You and PIF are independent contractors. These terms do not create any partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship.
- This Agreement will be binding upon and be enforceable by the parties and their respective successors and assigns.